Every May, the Administration for Community Living leads our nation’s observance of Older Americans Month. The 2019 theme, “Connect, Create, Contribute”, encourages older adults and their communities to:
- Connect with friends, family, and services that support participation.
- Create by engaging in activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment.
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others.
Communities that encourage the contributions of older adults are stronger! By engaging and supporting all community members, we recognize that older adults play a key role in the vitality of our neighborhoods, networks, and lives.
Jefferson County Office for the Aging will host their annual Senior Health Expo at Salmon Run Mall on Wednesday, May 15th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. throughout the mall. Many vendors will be on site with information, screenings, samples, giveaways and more!
- ACR Health
- AmeriCU Services
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired of NNY
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Community Health Center of the North Country
- Family Care Program
- Ives Hill Retirement Community
- Jefferson County Public Health
- Maximizing Independent Living Choices
- Meadowbrook Terrace
- NYS Office of the Attorney General
- Northern Physical Therapy
- NRCIL / NY Connects
- Nascentia Health Options
- North Country Library System
- Samaritan Health Center
- Samaritan Keep Home (Adult Day Health Care)
- Seniors Helping Seniors
- Volunteer Transportation Center
- Watertown Family YMCA
- Watertown Housing Authority
- and more!
This event is free and open to the public! Folks can register for a chance at winning a pair of movie passes as well as other fun giveaways throughout the day!