FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 23, 2020
Contact: Karla Woods, Marketing Director
315-788-9210, ext. 205; [email protected]
Salmon Run Mall’s Holiday Shopping Guide
Black Friday is Here and Salmon Run Mall Will Help You Navigate Through the Season!
(Watertown, NY) We blinked, and the holidays were upon us! Every year, Salmon Run Mall produces its Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide and this year is no exception. The guide is full “insider” ways to make your family’s traditional shopping experience memorable and safe, as we navigate through a truly unique holiday season in 2020.
TAKE SAFETY SERIOUSLY
Your safety is our number one priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety as well as our employees. Click here to learn more about the Salmon Run Mall comprehensive safety and sanitizing measures. Safety is a shared responsibility, so please do your part. Click here for a full list of our Healthy Shopper Guidelines, which must be followed by all guests.
- Wear a mask. As per New York State mandate, a mask MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while visiting Salmon Run Mall. The mask must cover your nose and your mouth. A mask under your nose or hanging under your chin, is not going to cut it. Do your part and cover up. If you need a mask, a Salmon Run Mall Security Guard will gladly provide one free of charge. If you don’t see a security guard on the floor, stop by the Mall Management Office. No excuses. Mask up.
- Social distance. Stay at least six feet from others that are not in your party (while walking or standing in any line).
- Use hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers placed on the touch screen directories and other locations throughout the property. Please use them.
- Don’t walk and eat/drink. New York State mandates that all food and beverages be consumed while seated. Salmon Run Mall is no different. Please finish your meal while seated. When you walk around, you should be wearing your mask while visiting Salmon Run Mall.
- Don’t talk on the phone with your mask off. If you absolutely have to hold a phone conversation without your mask, please go outside and social distance at least six feet. Masks are required while you are on the phone.
- Follow the directional floor prompts. To keep traffic flowing the same direction and ease congestion, one-way, directional signage have been placed on doors and digital screens throughout the property. Please follow them.
- Stay home. If you are sick, have a fever or show any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Any guest or employee with a temperature greater than 100.00°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will not be permitted to visit the property.
SHOP EARLY—DEALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
To cut down on the crowds, long lines, we strongly encourage you to shop early. Many retailers have already kicked off their Black Friday deals, so why not take advantage of them? To let you in on a little secret… some of the same deals you are seeing now, will be the same ones offered on Black Friday.
Show up early, sometime on a weekday morning and scope out sales, if you are able. Also, check the Salmon Run Mall sales page regularly. Retailers will be adding or updating new sales daily, throughout the week.
ENJOY THANKSGIVING AT HOME
This year, for the first time, Salmon Run Mall will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving. This will allow our employees and staff to spend the day with family and friends.
Salmon Run Mall will re-open Black Friday morning at 7 a.m. The main mall entrance doors will be open at 6 a.m. Visit shopsalmonrunmall.com for special Black Friday weekend hours for various stores.
When visiting Salmon Run Mall, do not forget to wear your mask, practice social distancing when possible and wash your hands and sanitize often. The Healthy Shopper Guidelines can be found at www.shopsalmonrunmall.com/safety.
TAKE A FOOD BREAK
There are several food venues inside Salmon Run Mall that will be open to accommodate your hunger pangs. We have pizza to pretzels, smoothies to salads and more with Wendy’s, Sbarro’s, Auntie Anne’s, Dairy Queen, Reczko’s Dough, Flaming Wok and JuJu 66. All food and drinks are to be consumed in the Food Court, at which time masks can be removed. Please no eating throughout the mall, per COVID state mandates.
VISIT SANTA CLAUS
Yes, Santa is returning on BLACK FRIDAY! There will be plenty of fun and magic to go around with Old St. Nick but to ensure safety, new guidelines have been implemented for the Santa Set. Reservations are strongly encouraged with walk-up visits available as space allows throughout the day. Best practices will be followed, including maintaining a social distance of at least 10 feet from Santa, face masks, and enhanced cleaning between visits. For more information on the safety measures being taken based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, click here. Santa is located at the Hobby Lobby end of the mall, near Paint It Pottery and Yankee Candle and will be available to take photos and meet kids on Black Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. For Santa’s hours and dates for the rest of the season, visit here.
BE KIND & HAVE FUN
The holiday season is the “most wonderful time of the year”, but it can also be stressful. As we navigate our way through this shopping season, with new social norms, we ask that you help us spread smiles and joy by being patient and be kind. You never know how you may make someone’s day by being kind. Everyone at Salmon Run Mall wants you to enjoy a safe and memorable shopping experience.
For an ongoing list of Black Friday deals, visit our sales page HERE..
For more information on other non-profit fundraisers, a copy of the Healthy Shopper Guidelines, upcoming events, mall and individual store hours and more, always log on to shopsalmonrunmall.com, like us on Facebook or Follow us on Instagram.